View Single Post
Old 31-01-2004, 12:05 AM   #5
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There is a RPG on the site. It's called Battletech. Okay it's not just a RPG and the RPG elements are not the most important of the game but still.

The problem with RPG on the computer, at least until a few years ago, was that you where better of playing them as they where ment to be played, on a table rather then on the computer. The graffics where always bad and the gameplay only slightly better. There are of course now people who are trying to find my home adres so they can brutally murder me for saying this but I stand by my words. Up until the late nineties RPG had no place on a computer. The Baldurs Gate came out and showed us how it was done. Gorgious graphics and even better gameplay. Hour upon hour I slaved away behind my computer wandering around the sword coast finding my lost heratige. The sequal was even better. Those two combined with a few others are sadly rare exceptions. RPG are difficult to pull of on a computer and I would not know of a single one for the DOS era worthy to put on any abandonware site.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles