View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 AM   #37
Tuber

warning, spoilers

ok so I've played the game through again, and I still cannot figure out what the deal is with Sarah Crouton, the ghost that only sometimes can be seen. As far as I know the ghost only shows up in two places, the graveyard and the back porch. This time around, I never saw her, but I definately remember her from when I first played the game ~15 years ago. So you find the bible in the chapel and the note in the armor, and you can see Sarah's grave so you know she died at 17. And there's the secret passage to the Crouton tomb. Sarah's family left clues for her to find the Jewels there, but obviously she never did. Are there any other clues about the Crouton family and what happened to Sarah? I mean, she's a ghost, and she died at 17. Are we to be be teased with that and not know anything else about her? I mean, if Roberta included that much about her, it seems that as a bonus there must be a way to discover her cause of death at such a tender young age, amd the reason she haunts the Dijon estate. At Gamegaqs there's a faq that covers everything I already know about the Croutons. It however contends that Sarah is Henri's mother, something that I don't think is ever actually said in the game, and I'm not sure is correct. The author also thought Ruby was a member of the Crouton family. Seems obvious to me that Ruby is a clue in the form of a pun so you know which vault to open to find the rubies. Without just opening them all I mean.

Anybody know where I can get some answers? This is really bugging me. Thanks!