View Single Post
Old 29-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #14

I think I may have found a fix!!! It's a little complex, but it looks like I can play the whole game with sound again. Here's what I did:

To get Innocent Until Caught Working!!!

1. Right click innocent.exe and select "run compatible for win95"; "256 colors"; "run 640x480".
2. Run set_iuc and make sure ADLIB is selected for "soundcard"
3. Be careful with this step. Use it at your own risk, but this step is important because it makes the sound/music work. Edit c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt (open with notepad). NOTE: Back up this file in case you need to revert back! The first section should look like this:

REM Install CD ROM extensions
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

Add REM statements in front of the three commands, so they look like
this:

REM Install CD ROM extensions
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
REM lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

4. Play the game using Doxbox until you need to use the subway.
5. When you reach the station, but can't enter the subway train, save and quit the game.
5. Open the game again, without using dosbox (e.g. double click on innocent.exe)
6. Restore your last game in the subway station (the train that you weren't able to enter using dosbox).
7. Enter the subway train (now you can, only you don't have sound)
8. Exit the train and save the game in the subway station again (for example, instead of Badside, this time the sign says The Hill).
9. Now exit the game, and restart it using dosbox, restore the game when you were at the Hill (or any other section of town) and PRESTO! You should still have sound and should now be able to progress through the rest of the game.

Note: Everytime you need to travel on the subway, you need to follow steps 5-9. Sorry, but right now, this is the only way to play the game and still keep sound the entire time (except in the train itself.) Good luck!