View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #38
flammaefata

So I'm playing the game on a mac using dosbox, and I'm starting to worry if the cycles need adjustment to correct the timing of the game. It runs at 3000 cycles default but I'm worrying if this makes the game too fast as I only get to visit about 2 or 3 places in the day. I've turned it down to about half but couldn't see any real difference, I guess you don't expect to as it isn't a really graphics/resource intensive game.

At the moment I'm stuck as soon as the 20th comes on - the writer appears saying that the last two chapters need a complete rewrite, and the game is returned to where Sarah comes to stay with Dog (end of the 18th). Btw, can you talk to her at his place then?

The 19th I can visit the detective and get the address for the fencer. When I finish talking to the detective I go to the fencer, talk about everything to him (showing him the photo and finding out about the prism) and next thing I end up at home, Groucho is talking about the failed human cannonball, and Dog sits thinking that he needs to go back to the antique shop. But before I get a chance to do that it seems the evening is done and the writer comes up with the "need to rewrite two chapters" story. I also wanted to go to the library again because I know there's the second Lovecraft fellow who will ask me to back off of the Ctulhu case, but there's just no time. And I don't know where to talk to Sarah anymore.

And just to check, there isn't a way to move about a room or from one part of the room to another, is there? I'm talking specifically about the Astec collection cabinet at Foulke's house, I can see that the glass is broken, but I can't get closer to it to inspect.

And finally I'm wondering whether I can use items in my office with items I've picked up? I want to use H.P. Lovecraft's works or the Ames book (both about Ctulhu) with the burnt letter or the other mysterious letter from the H.P.L. guy.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated! I see this thread isn't the most lively but maybe someone can help me I'll keep on trying and see if I manage something else.