View Single Post
Old 29-01-2016, 03:52 AM   #95
peyre
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Skype™ to peyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karachut View Post
Hi. Does anyone have an idea how the economics of this game work?
There is some Russian guy who has a lets play on youtube, he constantly changes the budget, sometimes adding excessive amounts of money to raw materials, then to R&D and scientist/technician poltical influence, and it seems this strategy pays off.
Is the economy more efficient if it is more market-oriented?
Do political instability, or swift changes in economic politics, contribute to economic outcomes?
In my experience, the game pushes you (sooner or later as you choose, but unavoidably) toward a market economy of some sort. Trying to maintain the old Soviet economy seems to be a strategy for disaster--on the level of mass starvation and your ousting by a popular revolution (the irony!).

I haven't tried yanking money around wildly like that, no--I've always tried to keep things pretty steady. Tech advances are nice, but they don't happen too often and according to the moddable files, they do something like add 5-10% productivity to agriculture, not too impressive.

Swift changes to your policies, including economic ones, tends to lead to a quick ouster from leadership. As I mention in my fan site, you can make big changes in policy, but you have to do it a little bit at a time.
peyre is offline                         Send a private message to peyre