View Single Post
Old 26-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #46
Saccade
[BANNED]

Dave Gilmore?!

I used to have him for Live Performance Workshop with this guy called Guthry who, having sayed inside for so long as a child (he taught us how to play the theme from bagpuss instead of ripping and stuff - more fun) and practicing guitar, had totally neglected his teeth.
They were so rotten...
But he knew his phrygian from his dorian.

Dave used to turn up about 30 mins late with a runny nose saying things like "don't do drugs - they'll screw your career".
He was going out with the other bird from Buck's Fizz (not Cheryll Baker) who taught music business studies.
Coming from her, that wasn't great as she'd been fucked over by her manager for quite a lot of money...
She was quite bitter sometimes.

But the real let-down wasn't that we'd get visits from crap bands like Skunk Anansie, who'd _possibly_ be trying to teach us something, but I'm damned if I know what the hell it was...
The real let-down, and I should've known that no good would come of this from the very start, was that Bruce Dickinson was one of the chief instructors.
I took my Iron Maiden Vinyls along to the audition to get into the school, I was so excited about it.

Then he wasn't from Iron Maiden... He was from Little Angels (toured with Guns 'n' Roses) and he was a bit of a prick...

Keep practicing! Even if it's just to rock out to the track of the day and fuck up (also known as playing in harmony / busking / winging it / taking the monkey for a spank / while having it re-enact tea-parties and ride miniature bikes) the solo.
I may not be in a band any more, but I do love a good guitar battle...

[I'm not inbred, btw, but I do love the banjo]

I'm thinking of starting a new band, for fun, at some point. I will try to stay away from the drugs and sex (maybe a bit of sex, actually) and focus on the rock and roll this time around.
I think I'd like to play bass - it's more fun laying down the roots, pounding out some belly-ripping riffs; letting the grass grow itself and just enjoy the sun and the dirt.
Man - what I wouldn't give to be that age again...

I've got a grade 5 in the clarinet. (merit)

[ed]
I just had this really weird dream that made me think something and I spilled water all over my notepad, but the laptop's here.
It's kinda related.

I dreamed that Gordon Giltrap was smashing me over the head with a Washburn 12 string (how do I remember that detail..?) and just wouldn't stop...
Eventually it woke me up and I found that my hand was caught in my hair and I'd been pulling it.
But as my vision slowly focussed on the silhouette of my hand, I recalled that I felt and experienced something very similar when I got a little tooooo wasted one (or two) evenings. It was quite scary...

If Martial Art, Computer Games and Work are good expression of violence, then music is 10x more...
Right now, I reckon: exercise, games, doing stuff < loud music - probably not good for tinnitus, but wtf...
Put all of them together and you've got sex (helps to have a steady partner. or several if you don't mind regular trips to the STD clinic) and violence sublimated through expression.

Total euphoria.

Take drugs and drink too much and that euphoria is replaced with this daemon that makes you believe that you're having a good time, when really you're just destroying everything. Anti-Midas-Touch style... Everything turns to shit.

Then you make clouded judgement calls, stupid mistakes, that lead you into the fog and - before you know it - you're in the fucking military.

Military & Drugs = bad shit.
Music & Games = good shit.

I am going to have to be extra careful if I dabble with the dark arts again...
Killswitch Engage are awesome at mega-volume. I don't know any new music at all
Very Pantera...
Code:
        _____
        |   D
        |   |   R.I.P
        |   |  Dimebag
        \___|            _
          ||  _______  -( (-
          |_'(-------)  '-'
             |       /
      _____,-\__..__|_____

Dead, but loving it.
     Being a Cowboy from Hell n all.
Think I will go and join the LastFM group, even though I rarely play music on computers (maybe I should start, because I can have it much louder...).
It'd be good to see what everyone else listens to. Learn some new bands and stuff, since the cycles of music are due to come into alignment again and spawn a new innovation. Not really had one since manufactured bands...
Yeah, I reckon I have much to learn from you people with your strange customs and even stranger music and ideas of cutting-edge facial hair fashion.
That's touching... It's like First Contact with an alien life, but without the anal probe.

Hopefully, anyway...

So go join Abandonia's LastFM channel so I can steal your music.

[ed]

I just remembered - I don't remember if his name was Gilmore or not. But I think it was. I think the post explains that bit...

Last edited by Saccade; 27-08-2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Hmmm... Why does that sound like a shitty marketing tie-in..?
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade