View Single Post
Old 24-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Know what I wanna rant about? I mean sheesh, I hope people here will agree, but I honestly don't see whats wrong with RPG games today. it's all graphics graphics graphics. NO good stuff anymore! I mean I look at games today and absolutely, sometimes games just make me SICK. Nausious!

Where did the wonderful storylines go, where did the graphics that made you say "Ooo thats pretty, anyways, back to the lovely game" other than "oohh, that's pretty. No wonder this games fifty bajillion dollars. It MUST be good." I mean ARRRG!! It's kinda good I guess that the abandonware = good and expensive games = (generally) bad. So I don't gotta PAY for crap. I admit some nw games are good, but it's RARE!!! Games used to all be good, and if a game was crap, it was an acceptable crap. Now, if a game is crap, it's SICK crap, and if a game's good, it's STILL crap.

I mean man. Storylines now a-days, if there is one, its the name "Hunt the Foozle" premise...You'd get laughed at if you came up to some modern day game-fan goof and started up with the whole "Wouldn't it be cool if your characters engaged in a moving storyline, and had realistic stuff." you'd get called a nerd and get yourself World of Warcraft slapped in your face with a side order or "realistic physics" "realistic enviornments" "realisticly realistic realistics". WoW, Admittingly that game looks good, but yeesh. Since when did it take a massive Online RPG that costs you your child support to be GOOD? I'd cry for a year in tears of joy if I could make the masses play one game of A.D.O.M...Just ONE day of nothing but Daggerfall, at LEAST something that would make them, for once, say "Graphics? What? I'm sorry graphics, I wasn't paying much attention to you...This beautiful storyline is making me cry, and I can't stop because I feel this character seems more like an extension of me, living in a good novel, rather than a FAT PIXELATED PIG WITH TAINTED OPENGL BLOOD, SWIMMING IN HIS FILTHY POOL OF GRAPHICS CARDS AND EATING VILE VILE AMOUNTS OF MEMORY!!!!!

Wow...I feel better. Back to Anvil of Dawn
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka