View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #3
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterGrazzt@Mar 4 2005, 06:40 PM
Well, we have the opposite... So why not? No flaming just because someone doesn't like your over-exposed franchise, okay? :bleh:

Probably the number one game I can't stand that almost EVERY game playing human or robot or intelligent cow on the planet loves is StarCraft. I can't stand having to click my fingers off just so everyone else doesn't gang up on me before I've mined one crystal, and I can't stand how Blizzard just mines other sci-fi creations like Warhammer 40,000 and Starship Troopers and everyone hails them as geniuses. You say "I think the Terrans were inspired by the marines from Starship Troopers," to a bunch of StarCraft fans, and they want your blood.

The rabid fanbase probably makes me hate it more than I normally would, (anime is a similar case) but without them, I would still not be able to stand the "action strategy" of StarCraft, it's annoying, pop gameplay. The units aren't that special.

ARRRGH. When will this "classic" GO AWAY?
i think it's a bit overrated too, but the reason it's so popular is that blizzard are experts at balancing multiple races (even more so in WC3) while making them distinct and fun. they also make top-notch singleplayer storylines (even if the missions get a bit samey and the last missions fall into the C&C trap of just giving the enemy all the technology and a huge lead).
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone