Thread: Albion
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #6
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Well, this is how I got it to work perfectly. (smoothly, with sound, music, everything) First, download the game from this site (duh). Next install VDM Sound. Now, for some people it'll say it cant install launchpad.dll, don't worry about it. You don't flippin' need it. After that's installed, go to the VDM Sound folder (eg. Program Files/VDMsound) and run dosdrv.exe It should say somethoung about a sucessful installation. After that, go into Albion's folder and right-click Albion.bat and select "Run with VDM Sound" and wham-o, you got yourself a smoothly running, sound-filled game. Anywho, thats how ~I~ made it work, and I run Windows 2000 Pro. You may need to go into setup.exe (or is it setup.bat?) and right click that and select "Run with VDM Sound, and select a Roland for music, and Soundblaster for sound, I dunno if you HAVE to do this though, butmost likely. I dont even have a Roland, or Sound Blaster (I have a Mad Dog II) but thats what VDM Sound is configured to run with by default.

Anywho, I may be mistaken as to WHY you have to do one of those above things, but thats exactly what I did (nothing more, nothing less) and it works like a DREAM. Didn't even have to touch it with DOSbox. I COULD get it to work with sound and stuff in DOSBox, but pumped it to 10000 with ctrl-F12.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka