Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2005, 04:07 PM   #11
Calamity
Game freak

I'm an Agnostic, I feel there is a higher power out there yet I don't choose to name or worship it. I am far more of a scientific thinker.

I take a lot of interest in the history (and beliefs but only when it comes to the lesser known ones) of most religions. Their symbols are fascinating as well. When it comes to religions that I take the most interest in they tend to be polytheistic. If it came down to me choosing a religion though it would be Buddhism because it teaches you to find the spiritual strength inside of yourself instead of praying to a god that we have no proof of it's existance.

Religion has also become just another way to discriminate against each other. There are always the cases of "My god is stronger than your god" or "My book is the right word" but who is really the decider on all of that? Religion was never meant to be a status symbol.

I also find it humorous that people are more likely to turn to religion in times of crisis (recanting on your deathbed and such). I'm sorry but I find it absolutely ludicrous when I am told that all you have to do is pray for forgiveness and all will be forgotten.

If it wasn't obvious I have many problems with the Christian religion.
Calamity is offline                         Send a private message to Calamity