View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 02:12 AM   #38
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Too bad that Wing Commander Privateer has no review here on Abandonia.

I did not play because the game was incompatible with Windows 98, Windows Me and Windows XP (at the time there was no DOSBox).

A curious thing is that the game detected the use of cheats. You could use invulnerability through the Game Wizard or Privateer cheat in the Options. However in any case, even if you successfully completed the mission, you did not receive any money (or credits).

It was terrible to use the mouse in space battles and to turn away from asteroids. The solution was to use a good joystick.

I do not know what my brother did, but the Confed and Militia pilots pursued, as did Kilrathi and Pirates.

After defeating the Kilrathi’s secret weapon (remind me the most common car in Syndicate game) using the Speltek’s cannon (right name?), the Kilrathi and Space Pirates stopped attacking him with the exception of the Confed and Militia (even with the thanks of Admiral Perry!).

OK. He has tried to smuggle in using the most powerful commercial ship (I forgot its name), but would that be a reason to be constantly pursued by the Federation and Militia? Unless you destroy the space fighters of the Federation and Militia, killing their pilots.

EDIT:

When I tried to play Privateer on Windows 98/98 SE, ME and XP, the operating system rebooted for no apparent reason!

Another fact I forgot to mention is that to destroy the secret weapon of the Kilrathi (technology from the Keltek and discovered by the Kilrathi?), the most powerful human cannons (from Fed) would not be enough.

I remember it was necessary to shoot a few times just to destroy 1 level of protection on one side! On the other hand, it only took 1 shot of the Kilrathi’s secret weapon so that all levels of protection on the hit side were destroyed so that you were well unprotected!

And it was no use for you to use human cannons along with the Keltek’s super cannon. It only consumed the energy of your ship. It would be best to use only the Keltek’s super cannon. In doing so, a single shot of the Keltek supercanon was destroying 1 level of protection from the Kilrathi’s secret super-weapon (looks more like a secret super fighter!). So, you are on an “equal footing” even if it (Kilrathi’s secret super-weapon) was enough 1 shot to destroy all levels of protection on the hit side!

Now, you must show that you are a better and more skilled pilot than the pilot Kilrathi.

After destroying the Kilrathi’s super secret ship, you can land on an asteroid and save the game. To return, you should deflect the asteroid belt. Therefore, it is advisable to save the game before returning.

Last edited by Mystvan; 26-06-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan