twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldur's Gate Trilogy Solo Bard, BG2, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Hi, dear twillight,

According to my last word I am returning to the game
Baldur gate 2 - Enhanced Edition -BG+ToB+more.

I have small problem with this save file.
Namely, i duno where am i..

How You doing?
Greets

yoga the brave
I had technical difficulties and little time to play in the recent days, but I welcome your post, and I tell you where youare:
in the end-area of BG2. It is a pocket-dimension in the Abyss, where you'll be trialed, and fight Irenicus the last time (big-big bossfight coming!). The eyes on the door told this clearly.
Take them as my watchful eyes. Although I'm not Helm But for you, unless you have some backup save, there's no turning back. Hope you stuffed all precious cargo in the Watcher's Keep or at your characters!

------------

I went a little further in my version, and yet did not immediately encountered the Xan/Montaron quest. Good for me. Went to the Graveyard District, and used a prot. from undead scroll to rob primaly the Crypt King, and it even lasted through all minor crypt in the area. Found a Staff of Curing, although is is not usable despite told class-restrictions which does not apply bards. Whatever.
After the tombs went down, killed spiders, and even got the Spider Figurine! Dealing with the spiders on the way was passable as long as it happened one-on-one (defensive spin needed against sword spiders), and summon monster (II) was used at the gate of the dome, mainly as there spiders don't reside, but appear. Strange was for me to see how much stronger an ethercap was compared to an ogre berserker.
Inside I launched a fireball, ran out, waited for regeneration (fortunate nothing followed), ran back and launched a second fireball after I was sure it'll clear the room. As only low-health mutant spiders are in aside the chief this works good. I wasn't even got hurt by anything but my own fireballs, and that wasn't that harmful at all. On top of the figurine the ioun stone (HP + thaco) and the spells are also nice.

-------------

While Jaheira is called away you have some time to spend alone. This is a good opportunity to do some quests which include none, or minimal fight. For example the Silver Pantaloons is the perfect time (contains an optional fight against weak enemy/s for the boots of avoidance), or Wellyn the ghost child (no fight at all). Dueling Amalas is also a perfect example.
I leave the rest for your imagination, but after you go to sleep you'll have a maximum 2 days window to gain even more exp before a BIG, mostly mage-fight will happen. And while 1 ingame day can contain 2-3 sleeps, any timed group-fight, where streetwalkers limits you, and the difficulty constantly rises should worry some. So before you go to sleep to return Jaheira hop to the Watcher's Keep to buy at least the potion bag!

The slaver compound is a semi-large battle from your possibilities. The biggest problem poses entering it. When you appear IMMEDIATELY go left to avoid igniting the miniboss in the room, and release 2 fireball to weaken the people and hopefully kill the archers and the healer. I used up scrolls as I was out of memorisations and fireball isn't that top-notch anyway. Finally whack until the room empties. Then save, wait until healed (you'll need HP 'cause a big trap) and try to charm (use the nymph cloak from Mae Var's guild) the leader. When succeed run through the corridor into the room filled with slavers with the charmed boss and you yourself stay behind disposing the coming yuan-ti(s). The guy is very strong, will kill a lot of guys before falling.
If needed you can use Nemarra sword's silence ability (at lvl 14 I could identify it myself).
Oh, and against the carrion crawlers in the sewer the Arbane Sword is invaluable preventing Hold Person.

-------------

The hardest part was until now rescuing Haer Dhalis. Going down the sewers is primaly troublesome for the random monster spot at the entrance, but that only prevents you easy access to healing, so prepare to stand around for long long times.
The Raksasha gives a cloak which improves the AC, but it is far from being enough. The only good thing is, Keldorn is slow as f*, so we can kill him and take his stuff.
The mephits, or even the lesser earth elemental aren't real issue at this point, but the Umber Hulk ARE. Even by drinking potions along the fight I was not be able to handle more than one, and even that demanded trial and error (save and reload). Standing at the right position allows you to arrow down 1-2 of them without fight (they are many, so are stuck), and the nearby chest releasing bolt(s) of lightning can do its fair share of harm too, but that's the most advantage you can gather. Then there's nothing else but hoping the best, running away separating them, and even relying on running through the door of the house (which doesn't always work, and leaves a copy of the creature at both sides).
This shows if I'll finally try my luck with the De'Arnise castle, I'll need a potion of invisibility to remove the hulks from the way, and will have to be very-very cautious.

Also, the "infinite money" until being ready to start Act 3 has a limit, and can't eg. buy that nice fire damage dealing axe in the Copper Coronet

Last edited by twillight; 08-11-2015 at 05:23 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight