View Single Post
Old 29-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I say this game is fenomenal, although I too can't decide if this was a serious attempt, or just a sarcasm. For example noone can seriously say rainbows are not just light reflected by water in the atmosphere, because that it is.

Otherwise the graphic is nice, the gameplay is smooth...
Than came the problems.

First, the saves. In case you die you just restart from the nearest chapel. BUT all the trap-rooms are re-activated too. Not that I ever seen a trap-room which had two entrances, still... The stuff stay dead if you properly reload. Any cyber on corridors stays dead either way.

Second, the actual fights.
Matching/countering the phrases are good way to learn some skill of understanding texts. This is still true if you don't accept the interpretation of the texts.
But the actual sword-shield battle is just too fast. Defense is a must, but there is no time to get cover when the attack started. And it is though trial&error to figure out when you are supposed to attack (each time a specific animation must happen).

Third thing is, I got stuck. There are 4 ways to go at the moment to try to go, but neither of my phrases work anywhere. I suspect to blame the random engine for this, and is permanent.