View Single Post
Old 24-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
agenthunk
Forum hobbit

Exclamation Panzer General dosbox 0.74 issues (I need help asap)

hi im new here.I wanted to say im looking for help with getting the recording to not slow down game when i play.I have 0.74 version it runs great when it doesnt record.I have a hp laptop E1-2100 apu 1.00 ghz ,4.00gb ram,windows 8.1 64bit procesor.

now it is not a question of it not running on my pc due to specs being to low.it has to do with the options.bat file and how to get it to run smooth and at good speed without slowdowns during gameplay recordings.I have seen it speed up after i stop record and go fast.now I think it has to do with my zmbv codec,i read on many forums you go to start and file then update to dosbox file folder.I have a different setup and would like to find out if i need to get that codec or change the options.bat file settings.or both.

I described what the issue is and hope you could kinda know what might be amiss.I could post the options.bat file here for you to see and you can tell me what to adjust.

also,I saw the old system requirements for pc version of pg and my oc should run it great and dosbox works well.the poland campaign through north africa i used frameskipping at 1-2 or 5 or 10 at times to record my gameplay.sometimes the file will comeout as 2.00gb and no bitrate info listed in avi file properties.sometimes it will record correctly.sometimes not.

I use media player,vlc media player and movie maker and it wont read the file.I have the windows media player classic and the file i mentioned above will play on it,but the last 30 or so minutes of game plays first the it cuts,and shows the beginning breifing then it plays till it cutsoff where the ending should be!

maybe you guys might know what is wrong here.please tell me how to adjust this.
and one more thing.For the option of going to start menu and zmbv codec update on older os,how and the hell do you do it with windows 8.1?
I got my pg dos version game from a website that had pg version variants for different platforms and selected dos.this is the link-http://www.panzergeneraldownload.com/

I think I did everything right with dosbox and the game,I had decent gameplay early on at 1939 start date till low countries then had recording issues with what i mentioned above.this is all the info I witnessed and experienced,so i hope some of you more educated tech wiz would know what needs to be fixed.I'll wait for a reply.thanks

ps: I have 7 videos I recorded with success on my youtube channel to prove it works on my pc.
here is my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqB...y6c6jZKTlo3SlQ

here is the options.bat file.

options.bat file

Last edited by agenthunk; 24-09-2014 at 08:03 AM.
agenthunk is offline                         Send a private message to agenthunk