Thread: Tanara Kuranov
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #27
Tanara Kuranov

Okay, I'm making a new post so it actually does notify that I did something, since an edit doesn't.

Uploaded a new zip file, "KPro253Archive.zip", in which I took out DoSBOX and the config files, since I ran it from stock DoSBOX 0.74 and it ran exactly the same. The config file seems to be meant for the batch file (which I also took out) to mount the folder automatically, and the batch file didn't work properly, anyways. It has a pre-registered, zero game save file under the name "Tanara Kuranov". Yes, the Green Rookie rank does start you off with 90 nuggets. The later ranks give you no such courtesy, haha. It also should have no missing file errors.

If somebody wants to use a different name and/or see the intro screens, they'll have to take out (or rename) the "PLAYERK1.YOU" and "VDATA.YOU" files, launch the game to create new ones, and follow the steps to register their own file with the old version. Not that it has to be done immediately, you can go halfway through the ranks (all the Rookie and Fellow ranks) before you have to register, or even know you have to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TanaraKuranov
Tanara Kuranov is offline                         Send a private message to Tanara Kuranov