View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Post My 1 Thesis against Modern TV

I only commented on every show you said and then you commented on one direct question and on topic Perhaps, you haven't heard of most of the shows I named?

Then again, who's to say the quality of my comments were enough to warrant someone else's comments-- occasionally my comments can get a little... well, joking.
Not to mention that previous post of mine was so long it's easy to get lost in the flurry...

Quote:
Well, usually, I'd be like "wow an animated TV show/cartoon is on, gonna watch it", but here I was all "I hate it go away stupid cruel tasteless Conan and the Young Warriors!!!"
Ah, I see.

For one to refuse an animated series, one must have not only immense strength, but intense hate for the program as well.

Ever hear of the Karate Kid Animated TV series?

Only ran for like 1 season, I think. It's on Netflix Instant.

Quote:
A little bit back on topic, sometimes I get to catch some episodes from the 2012 TMNT series (they are re-runs and for some weird reason I seem to be watching them in reverse order ), and I think I'm starting to enjoy it, although it's definitely very different from the classic 1987 version.
I don't know whether I should drop my jaw, disintegrate you, or welcome you into my arms.

Well, as far as enjoying animated series, it's pretty hard not to sometimes, depending on the show.
Even as I'm not into Conan, if I started watching it, I would quickly become interested

I should try to see some of the new TMNT stuff. I really do want to see some of that.
I've only seen what must've been a 5 minute teaser or something, or one episode, or the like.

Maybe I'll check Youtube or my friends "RabbitTV" thing, we'll see.

Quote:
There's some modest character development and all, some global plot arc and intrigue, and overall it feels like a pretty well done show.
Miss Strawberry is a well done show. Does that mean it's good? OH NO...

Actually, I'm sure it is a good show. I think it's good stuff. (TMNT, Not Miss Strawberry)

Quote:
No idea if I'd enjoy it when I were a kid, it still uses a rather dark colour scheme (most of the action takes pace at night or inside the sewers), while part of the 1987 show's appeal for me came from the cheerful, bright colours. Luckily the dark colours of the 2012 version do not coincide with the overall mood most of the time, but some of the episodes I'd consider downright scary or disturbing.
Hmm, Interesting. Perhaps we will know If your kid self would enjoy it when in 2097 they invent time machines, but until then, Salute to the past!
Note: In 2097, someone had better commemorate OMF 2097, or ELSE!

Scary? Disturbing? On Nickelodeon? Pah.

What was so "Disturbing" about them?

One of my many problems with modern shows: Lighting.

Example: Criminal Minds.

Criminal Minds is a pretty dark show. We'll just say that. But making all the lighting come from tilted shades and shooting on special film outside so everything looks dull, dreary, dim, or just like it was shot on a rainy day, is just depressing.

Not to mention they have these annoying music-overs at periods throughout the show along with voice-overs and/or monologues.

Even if a show is dark, having the film it's shot on not be purely evil helps to retain a non-depressing story. Some of these shows are just ridiculous.
Some or near all Modern shows have severe problems with lighting.
Criminal Minds is just the worst of the bunch and the one that comes to mind now.

So needless to say I don't like things that give off a dark eminence.

However for a show to be that bad, it has to be pretty mature.

TMNT, not so much. I think it will still be good even if it is a bit darker/dimmer, since the original was so bright.

You never commented on BraveStarr's intro.
Weird, huh?

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 17-10-2013 at 07:05 AM.
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ