View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

I started re-watching the classic series after it was mentioned here some weeks ago, because I have no other show to watch right now. It wasn't one of the most influential TV shows in my childhood, but I found that the opening song was burned in my memory. I didn't remember particular episodes or story lines, only the characters, the Technodrome and transport modules, etc. I've always been unable to follow a series on TV anyway, and I've forgotten a lot of the TV that I watched back then.

Now I found the pilot not so great, but the rest of the first season was pretty cool. Then when the Technodrome gets stuck and all episodes end where they started it doesn't look as interesting today, but I guess it was cool back then.

I did watch the 1990 movie in the theater, and I also remember playing the arcade video games. I didn't have any TMNT toys (I had few toys though). I've just taken a look at the original comics but I found them very different to the rest, the plots and themes are all over the place in different books, and the art was better on TV (specially at the beginning, later they relaxed the quality and also made the art more childish).

Last edited by Japo; 07-10-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo