Thread: Elite Plus
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #26
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_PrejudiceSucks@Jan 8 2005, 12:18 PM
Nah, X2's nowhere near as good as Freelancer. Although there is a point in Freelancer where you can reach until you get followed by the Bounty Hunters EVERYWHERE YOU GO!

Even just coming out of like, New Leeds docking port, oh good gravy, 9 or so Bounty Hunters. And because I'm carring loads of silver, assorted pirates too.

Still, good game, despite the fact that you basically have to run away from everyone after you get to like level 9-ish.
I'm afraid I don't understand. I have played Freelancer, and I do agree, it is extremely unbalanced. It also demands that you follow the plot (in a variety of subtle and unsubtle ways). How is this good?

X2 has clunky combat, but--from everything I've read--a very refined economics system, and absolutely no pressure on the player to advance the plot. I'll tell you right off, I'm not a twitch jockey: in any combat that requires learning a great many moves and showing quick reflexes, I'm bored stiff. I'd just as soon resolve it automatically.

So it would seem that X2 is better for me, just as Freelancer is better for you. Or how do you figure otherwise?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin