Thread: Hubie
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
JKalenad

Default Hubie

One of my favorite games growing up was the shareware puzzle game Hubie by Serendipity Software. You played as a little red grasshopper looking thing that could push, crush and fly through various blocky puzzles containing springs, fire, ice, rocks, and conveyor belts among other things. The registered version included a fairly robust level editor and new items like clouds.

With a little searching on the internet, you can find the unregistered version, but for many years I could never find the full version.

A couple years ago, however, I managed to find the full version. In fact, it's a recovered copy of the same one I played as a child, given that there are several custom series that bear the mark of a 8-year-old learning how to use the computer.
In a remarkable instance of heartwarming coincidence (serendipity?), the Board.exe and Hubie.exe bear the date of my 6th birthday as the date they were last modified.

I notice that Hubie is not on Abandonia, and I think quite a few people are missing something wonderful with this little gem. I would love to share my version with everyone, but I don't know anything about the laws or rules about that. I highly suggest seeking it out, and if it turns out I can offer my full version for others to enjoy, I'd very gladly clean it up and oblige.

I've attached some images from Hubie to this post. Of course, they barely scratch the surface of this wonderful game.
Attached Images
File Type: png Hubie 1.png (22.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: png Hubie 2.png (25.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Hubie 3.png (25.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Hubie 4.png (18.8 KB, 6 views)
JKalenad is offline                         Send a private message to JKalenad