View Single Post
Old 18-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Jironobou
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Skype™ to Jironobou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiDoL View Post
Anyone pick this up today, besides me?

The PS3 version, to me, is literally a wish come true. I had been waiting years for the DOOM games to come to PS3. It seemed so unfair that XBOX gamers were able to enjoy DOOM while us PS3 geeks were stuck with Wolfenstein 3D (not to say it's a bad game, I love it).

Also, I believe there may be a digital download version on the PSN pretty soon. If so, I'm gonna buy that as well so I can keep the game on my PS3 hard drive.

Although I do plan on getting it someday, the PC version is not a priority to me primarily because of all the copies of DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM 3 I already have for that system. But hey, I always could use more copies of DOOM :P
Yeah, I got it on launch day for PS3 too... but what do you mean pretty soon? It was in the first batch of games you could preorder through the Day 1 Digital thing in the PS Store, which was announced on the last week of September. PS+ members even got a 10% discount.

Also, I tried online co-op in Doom, and it was laggy as hell, hopefully it isn't a persistent issue

I've been infected with Backloggery-itis
Jironobou is offline                         Send a private message to Jironobou