View Single Post
Old 14-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex View Post
Yeah, that sucks. Situation in Serbia was similar when I finished uni. It wasn't so much bribing (though that was heavily involved as well), but who you knew (instead of what you knew). Funny enough, I was able to find job without any of that, but, as you would expect, the company turned out to be a bunch of crooks that weren't paying me regularly and didn't even register me for a few months.
Heh. It's a common belief that situation here, in Russia, is exactly the same. Bribes or friends or bad work. Funny enough, I accidentally get "right" work from first try - in the Goskomstat branch, as programmer - but that's all.

It seems, that there is simply no other work in my town that could satisfy me. %) All 15 years of trying it's always exactly like that: either all vacancies silently replaced with friends of friends, or you need to pay to get place, or it will be not paid enough. My organization seems only exclusion from the rule.

I am lucky, it seems!
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre