View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #16
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxor127 View Post
Right now, it sounds like it's a glorified fan mod that they'll want me to pay money for. The graphics are going to need to be redone to take advantage of HD resolutions for me to be interested. I'd also like to see 3D graphics that still keep the style and perspective of the original, and maybe a rotatable camera just because there's lots of "behind dithered buildings" crap in the originals. I don't think 2D sprites will cut it in this day and age, and anything less than a graphics overhaul won't feel worth my money. I also hope they tweak multiplayer to make the game more fun to play with other people. I tried playing multiplayer for the first time a couple months ago, and it was annoying how random dialog would interrupt the game for all players.
Then don't buy it. Graphics isn't everything, and the Infinity Engine is still gorgeous even in this day and age. Can say that having played PS:T and BGT in 1920x1080. Only thing it needs is the font enlarge tweak. If it'll run natively in Win7, keep everything the old one had and add some fluff, without me having to wait 8 hours for Baldur's Gate Trilogy to compile with the new Worldmap, then I'll buy.