View Single Post
Old 25-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I completely agree with you Smiling Spectre. The quality of games in general consistently dropped in the 2000's and it really take a high quality game to make a good strategy game. No wonder nothing good got out of it. Also no wonder why I think very badly of the gaming industry right now, considering strategy will always be my preferred genre.

I browsed the RPG list on Abandonia and I have to say that many games seem to be quite badly listed. It has probably a lot to do with what you just said: from what I understand of your opinion, you seem to think that any game with a sliver of RPG element is a RPG game. I certainly don't. As a base rule, I expect a game which boast itself in a specific genre to at least have about 25% of the game based on the genre in question... Many games which are boasted as classic RPGs don't fall in this category at all (and any of our members who are old enough know what I think about Diablo II in that regard).

I really wish there were good strategy games nowaday.