View Single Post
Old 27-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

The merciless critic I am, I should let you know that if I were in charge around, I wouldn't approve it. Why? Weeell... Let us watch it together once again. First of all, too long texts flash and move too quickly, either I'm dislexic or something, or there's just really no time to read them. Well, watching it fullscreen helps a bit, but not that much really. The music and the design is fine, no problems with that, but the points made to convince people that AB or AR is missing from their life are very shallow.

1. Reloaded.org -The ultimate review and download site for freeware games and software. With an active social and roleplaying community. - Not sure about this, I haven't been there for ages, but when I left, barely 5, and when I write five, I really mean four plus one people came to the forums on a daily basis, including Frodo, Nick, Qbix and me. That wasn't what I'd call an actival social community, though roleplaying was all right, we were writing all day and night. I guess since that these new improvements lured some peons - I mean, users - in.

2. Abandonia - One of the web's oldest and most popular abandonware communities. The site that started it all. Download, review, all for free. - Well, thank god reviewing is still free, I don't know how I'd feed myself if I had to pay for reviewing. If I'm not blind yet, you just told everyone they can work their arses off, for free. How nice.

3. Abandonia Forums - An active community of retro gaming fans. Ask questions, write reviews, and become part of the community. - Well, these are quite true. No problems here.

4. Reloaded Forums - A dedicated forum for fans and developers of freeware games and freeware software. IPB 3 the latest forum software. - I'd love to say "Show me only one person on the earth who decides whether register or not to a forum based on which software they are running on their servers", but I'm sure you'd find people like my math teacher who... well, you don't want know him, that's all. All I'm trying to say is, that's the last thing a user should know about the forum. Really.

5. Downloads - Download games and software from both sites FOR FREE - True.

6. Reviews - Read reviews on the site. Don't agree with the editor's rating? Submit your own rating - Since most of the western world lives in anything but communism, the freedom to tell whether you liked the game or not isn't that big thing. "Woohoo, I can like or dislike it, look mommy I liked something!" -> A reaction you'll never see from actual (sober) users.

7. Roleplaying - Reloaded is also home of entertaining roleplays, like the popular City of Secrets - Why would you advertise one specific thread in the forum? I mean since when has CoS became the main profile of AR?

8. The end - it's boring, the music just stops, and all those things you write with gigantic letters could have been told in like 3 secs instead of 13.

All in all, I wouldn't like people to know the site from this one minute ride in blasphemy. No offense to Nick or anything (yeaaah... suuure...), but this is just not right. Plus, I think it was too biased, like reloaded was Batman and AB his sidekick, Robin. Wasn't it the other way around...? Just my two cents, now let the flames arise. ^.^

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!

Last edited by Tracker; 27-12-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker