View Single Post
Old 29-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
iDarbert

Default [karekristensson] Citizens: Backwater Affairs

I have one of those, and it's driving me crazy.
I remember trying the demo from one of those huge demo CDs from PC Gamer or whatever, I was too young to figure out what was going on but it was stuck in my head for some reason.

All I can remember is that the title screen had a city inside a snow globe (I think) and you could like the land going down in a conic kind of way like it was a floating island.
The title was something with the word Citizen in it I think
The game itself in the demo started with a level that was called "Let Fred Walk" and showed this guy Fred going around a town in an isometric view kinda like SimCity (maybe more like SimTown because of the zoom level) as he went on doing different things, always showing a thought bubble indicating where he was going to go next.
There were many places he could go like Church, Leisure Center, Burger Joints etc., and you could zap him (supposedly in later stages you had to punish him for doing certain things I guess?)
I also remember in the HUD at the bottom of the screen there was one or two angels, and that zapping him a lot caused a game over.

Other that this I don't remember anything, does it ring a bell?
iDarbert is offline                         Send a private message to iDarbert