View Single Post
Old 20-06-2011, 05:24 AM   #157
alcaray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Did you follow in the instructions below the review?
To the extent that I could, I did. Drag&drop did not work for me because it does a:
"mount c "c:\users\danny\desktop",

which does not make any sense, and does not work. I'm not sure where the shortcuts have to be and/or where dosbox has to be to make it work. Instead, I:

1. manually launch dosbox,
2. "mount c c:\dagger",
3. "c:", and
4. "dosbox".

I think this is equivalent to what your drag&drop accomplishes when it works. If not, let me know.

Quote:
It's normal that there are tons of files on the CD not on the HD, the installation is minimal, and everything else would be duplicated (since the CD is already in an image file on the HD).
Maybe, not sure. Some games do it one way, some another. However, if it works the way that you think, then perhaps the files inc:\dagger\arena2 are only the ones modified by the patch. And the game uses these in preference to the ones on the image. If so, then it would be safe to copy the files over from the iso, prividing I do *not* replace duplicates.

Quote:
Better than copying files by hand, you can try erasing and re-installing from the CD (ISO). You can then patch it to the latest version by downloading the "extras from the Bethesda release" (link at the top of the review, to the right of the main download link) and running the patcher in it.
Yes and no. I have a distant memory of sweating bullets trying to get this to work, while doing the installation from the CD. Likewise, there are plenty of people here and elsewhere complaining that it is hard. I hate to abandon an implementation that works.
alcaray3 is offline                         Send a private message to alcaray3