View Single Post
Old 19-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #155
alcaray3

Did your archive change? Seems like it's messed up. There are a ton of files missing from your \arena2 directory compared to the \arena2 directory on the iso. Also, I'm having missing file issues when I play (113's). Coincidence? Yes, I do understand that occasional 113's are normal for this game, but for me they start as soon as I get out of the starter dungeon and receive a message in my pack that's supposed to warn me that I have lycanthropy.

That's another wierd thing: I've restarted with new characters 3 times now, and ***every time*** I've gotten the lycanthropy quest as soon as the first time I hit "W" to go to daggerfall. This last start I gave myself disease resistance and was careful with my fights (and save/restores) so that I took not one single point of damage from any bat, rat, bear, skel, human, imp, nor that lonely orc. Where am I picking this disease up from???

The last wierd thing is that I get the 113's when I click in my inventory to read the message telling me that I have lycanthropy. You might well ask how I know what the message says, if it crashes the game when I click it. Well, it turns out that if I restore and try it again about 10 times, one of those times will let me read the message. Which seems like another impossibility to me: I mean if the file is there for me to see, ever, then it should always be there. And if I find it once, it shouldn't disappear (and then come back once in a while).

And yess, I did try the fixsave program which is supposed to help with some of the 113s. No joy.

I'm tempted to copy the arena directory from the iso over the one created by your archive, to replace the missing files. But you warn me that the iso is an unpatched version. Not sure how to procede.
alcaray3 is offline                         Send a private message to alcaray3