View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Xhumed
[BANNED]

Default www.replacementdocs.com, THREAT SITE!

I've not been here for a while so this might have already been posted (I had a quick search but didn't find anything) but when I recently went to the popular replacementdocs.com the damn site managed to install an exploit on one of my PC's, this exploit kit makes a mess of many windows applications like windows update which it prevents working and it also stopped my anti virus updating and some other programs from working correctly, Comodo anti virus/firewall suite with real time scanning didn't stop it but found and removed most of it when I ran a scan (bit late now!) but the programs still didn't work correctly and after spending a while trying to fix everything I gave up and used a back up image file to rebuild the entire drive.

I was as usual curious as to what had happened and what this exploit was so I used a spare expendable HDD and loaded AVG link scanner and revisited Replacement docs.com, If your not familiar with AVG link scanner it checks websites you search for with google and reports if they are safe sites etc, this is a free AVG plugin for Firefox and you don't need to be using any AVG products to use it.
Now, the annoying thing is that AVG link scanner does not initially report the site as dangerous but as soon as you go to the site it freaks and reports that it has blocked the site from trying to send a black hole exploit kit, that's great if you have the link scanner but if you don't have it your anti virus might not stop it, so you might want to give the site a miss
Xhumed is offline                         Send a private message to Xhumed