View Single Post
Old 22-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Unfortunately we have barely anything else to pretend as an update. Most of the abandonware games that exist are already on-site or protected by ESA or GoG or Chuck Norris. So, if we want the world to think we're functioning (I mean the part of the world which just don't register, only leeches games from here or simply doesn't come here), we have to post news which make them assume we're actually doing something, when we're not.
And we're kinda lazy too, you know.

This was the answer you might wanted to hear. The real answer is, some people might want to print those covers. What for? There are folks out there like me, who often want to burn a certain game to a disc, and as we know, blank discs have ugly, common boxes. Why not spice it up a little to resemble an original one more?

Besides, then you could ask that why the cat do we have manuals when nobody bothers to read them? Why do we have reviews at all? And such. But...

We're the people who volunteer to save the glory of a past gone with the wind, to let the future generations remember our lives filled with simple means of having fun, which we thought couldn't be any better. We want to share the sheer joy of the very first experiences with computer games both in history and in a person's life, and this also includes those ugly boxshots too. That's the point of their existence. Remember we kids, and don't forget to finish all the games we offer. Class dismissed.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker