View Single Post
Old 22-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaru View Post
Thankie for the boxshot. Cool stuff. But hey, is that game any good? I've browsed through some reviews on various sites and they gave it some low marks (3/10 f.e.). Not that I trust those sites as they're probably loaded with ignorants.
I'd say TM(Cryo) is a superb game. Fantastic graphic, awesome story, many different quest, high originality, cool atmosphere.

It can be a little unusual for many because it is french, but I saw people here like Little Big Adventure for example.

There are some drawbacks though. There can be some bugs (but I never complained because of them, so they aren't that serious or constant), and the engine has its limits (sometimes you have to shoot like in a Tombraider/Unreal, but the lack of the engine is countered by the various spells you have on your hand). Also the program has low requirement, what I always prefer.

The only "quest" what can cause real difficulty is a sidequest for one of the hourglasses (and this is not a must). You have to throw pebbles on a board (it is like throwing darts to make a comparsion). Nothing is set to stone () for this "quest", but the AI is VERY good (here and all over the game), so you'll have to throw a good score. The way it is done is setting the strenght and the direction of the throws.
With one word: it is hard to reach the needed amount. The AI won't cheat, only push you to reach a nice score, what is not easy to do.

And the final battle: it is awesome. Not too hard, not at all easy, full of fireworks. Definitly a game worth to try.

I'd give 7.8/10, and confess it doesn't really have anything to do with the novel Time Machine.

PS: the worst thing in the hunagarian edition was the dubbing. At the time the game arrived to Hunagry dubbing-voices for computergames were always the same people, who were most famous about the VERY low PRICE they costed. But even they could not ruin this game for me.

Last edited by twillight; 22-04-2011 at 07:28 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight