View Single Post
Old 16-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv
Default [fjj] Rules of Engagement

I think it was a space sim/combat with RPG elements (you could create you own captain). It looked a bit like Star Trek, and even looked LCARS-y. I'm pretty sure it was a DOS based game.

I never worked out how to play it. I thought I had got it from abandonia before but I can't find it now.

Other useful info:
1: The captain creation screen allowed you to set things like aggressiveness, intelligence, integrity (or bribe resistance), and there was a cartoony graphical depiction showing the result (IIRC high intelligence = lit light bulb over head, ok = non-lit bulb, dumb = 10 ton weight (I guess dense?)) (very aggressive = arm pointing up with large pistol, aggressive = smaller pistol, less aggressive is arm not raised). Integrity: high means he ignores the alien with the cash bag, lower = he's looking at the alien, low means he's whistling and reaching out for the bag).
2: There was a directory with existing captains in the star fleet. IIRC the best captain was a "legendary captain singh" (and was a female). The second best was a balding chinese looking captain.

The game had a star trek look, but was not a star trek game.