View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Default Latest English transition update

Update of completion to English: I have the Full working Executable. Opening intro movie plays, Skill level selection screen and the Beginner / Master status bar, all in English.

The only problem now is I cannot figure out the compression for the "shop" graphics. I have the English versions edited for display and ready to swap out but since I cannot figure out the compression, those graphics won't work with the current program. I would also have to have the FINISH to the game translated, but it does make any sense to me at this time since I wouldn't be able to swap out the graphics, even if it were to be translated then created.

I figured out the compression for the graphics which involved editing 4,624 bytes manually, but I really have no intent of doing this with the four - 320 x 200 byte screens that remain. One pixel out of place while editing and the whole thing becomes a real mess. All I need is some way to save it in whatever format it is in, swap out the body (the content in the game does not include dimensions, attributes or a stored palette).

Help?
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid