Thread: Space Rogue
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #6
CLBrown
Thumbs up My first PC game... and a great way to start!

For quite a few years I used the fully-tricked-out TI-99/4A system I'd gotten in high school (really pretty good, for the time, if you had all the components). I kept holding back from getting a PC-type computer, because I just wasn't impressed enough.

"Space Rogue" just looked so cool to me that I went ahead and bought it anyway. I had no choice but to play it at work, of course... (after hours, obviously!) But this was the game that first got me into PCs...

The funny thing is, I still have it on my machine (running in DOSBox) and still have the entire package on the shelf next to the other games that I have that remain in my "favorites" stack.

Undeniably, one of the most satisfying games I've ever played. Given the (by today's standards) extremely limited technology in the game, it just proves that it's not the resources available that makes for a good game, it's the thought behind it. And back when technology was less advanced, game-makers had to actually WORK to come up with something impressive and fun... like, say, actual fun gameplay and interesting plotting.

I'd love to see "Space Rogue" remade with modern technology... but the same basic gameplay, open world, and plot.

Seriously, guys, GET THIS ONE. It'll eat up your spare time... but it's worth it!