View Single Post
Old 28-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazly View Post
A statement like this translates to a sort of thinking that TotalAnarchy made clear: someone reads this review and thinks "It's true, most gamers are guys, and guys do like girls, so this game should have covered him up or had a nude female in the lead". In other words: games should not be designed with women or homosexuals in mind; video games should cater to straight men; and guys like girls, not other guys.

And finally, no, it certainly doesn't stop me from playing the game . But it does make me wonder how welcome I am in this community, if the general concensus seems to be that, as a guy, I should like girls and feel somehow uncomfortable that this game features a naked man. This is not the case, and statements like in this review or like TotalAnarchy's certainly make me wonder if how members of this site would react to my sexuality.
Well, just so there are no misunderstandings or like - I am a guy, and I do like girls (only). Which doesn't mean you have to see it the same way. As for me, welcome to this forum, I hope this little review doesn't turn you off that much that you'll be urged to leave here in a hurry Concerning other users here - if you are homosexual and are afraid of being unwelcome, just use your common sense so not to approach someone with that matter in case he or she might be going to be offended with that, since mainly guys still do like girls even if that might change more with each day.
Games are just games though, if you ask me, whatever the main character is dressed like, whatever whoever likes it whichever way is left up to each one him- / herself. It's just a game, and people always have different opinions, hence the point in the review.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty