Thread: Everfrost
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

WELL looks like its just me and Tomekk so far...

Fubbles and Tomekk carefully removed the massive pieces of sheet metal covering the lobby of the Co-Op, peeking outside and making sure there were no muties waiting for them

"So..." Fubbles said, heaving the last piece to the ground, "Where too?"

"I dunno. Its cold." Said Tomekk as the first frigid breeze greeted them, "Lets go somewhere warm."

"Yea." Said Fubbles, "Warm, like thats goona happen, we don't even know whats going on. We should try and find other people."

"We probably are the only people, where would everyone else get food? We had the food and now its gone too." Tomekk said stepping into the parking lot and looking around.

"Well...we need more medicine I guess" Said Fubbles, looking around. The once vibrant and colorful down was now nothing more then a bleak urban sprawl on a dieing landscape. Dead tree's plotted the ground, and a light snow was on the grass. "Reckon we only have a few months before winter, right?"

"Right.....so....medicine....hospital? Or raid a pharmacy?"

"Raid a pharmacy maybe, cause, well, look, there's one across the street." Fubbles said, pointing at 'Mr. Whites Drug Store' just across the road a ways

"Right on." Said Tomekk as the began to walk. Tomekk held his gun at the ready as Fubbles hoisted his Spear off his back. Just a precaution, mine aswell be ready if the mutants come.

While they had never actually fought any, they did always here mutants scratching at there barricades, and if they looked out the co-ops second floor windows at night, they would see there glowing eyes, but they were yet to have a confrontation, and were both quite anxious to not be killed on there first day out.

After reaching the pharmacy, they discovered it devoid of all medicine, except for some advil and ibuprofen that they pocketed for later us. They then eyed the rest of the things in the store. A few books were scattered on the ground, and useless magazines.

"Oh look, a condom" Said tomekk, picking up the package from the ground

"No." Said Fubbles

"But if we r-"

"Put it down, we don't need it."

They walked back outside, looking around.

"Well I say the next best bet is the hospital, right?" Inquired Tomekk

"Good thinking, we'd best hurry up though, it's almost night time."

Duun duuun duuun duuuuuuuun.

Well I mine aswell keep going, cause the story won't _REALLY_ start til we're there, then the players will actually get to do stuff!

It was true, it WAS almost night time. During the winter months, the sun was usually down by 6, which posed a problem for our wayward adventurers, who seemed to be easily distracted by every piece of possible loot on the road.

"Golly, look at all this stuff" Said Fubbles, looking at a bunch of molded old news papers in the bin of a bicycle trailer, "Look, this one was actually printed 5 days AFTER the war, about stuff that happened before the war. Isn't that awesome how the paper was so far behind date..?....Tomekk?"

"Screw stupid papers, I say we take this bike."

"But only one of us could fit on it at a time. Plus its probably also radioactive, i mean it's been sitting here for HOW long. radiation lives on non organic surfaces longer, mang"

"shit, really?" Tomekk yelped "Am I GOONA DIE?"

"your a idiot, dude, the radiation isn't allot, you know...just a tiny bit."

"Then why would you tell me it's not safe?"

Fubbles shook his head, then clue'd in on his surroundings. "Uh, we gotta go, look man, it's getting dark fast!"

"Oh crap, your right!" Said Tomekk "Hospitals only 2 blocks away..."

It was too late though. Still a block to go, and it was night out. Most nights were particularly clear, but this night was different; clouds had moved in over the moon, and it was pitch black out.

"Dude, use your flashlight, I can't see shit." Said Fubbles as he tripped over the curb.

"Just wait, just wait." Tomekk said, fumbling his flash light on, "Now the hospital's over there somewhere...what was that?"

"What?"

"Shh! Listen!"

A quite panting could be heard to their left, and Tomekk, being a curious sort of guy, shawn the flashlight into the the nearby store, and old laundromat, washing and drying machines pulled out of the walls and strewn about the place.

"Uh, Fubb..."

"Theres something....oh GOD!" Fubbles shrieked as a pale little fleshy thing, about the size of a doberman dog, appeared. Heck, it may have been a dog at one point, but was different now. On second glance though, it almost resembled a human, blood seeping from it's brow, and foaming at the mouth though. It sat there, growling and looking at Fubbles and Tomekk, and suddenly about 5 more appeared behind him, some with a few less legs then the other.

"RUN!"

"GAH!" Tomekk let loose a quick shot from his rifle, downing the front dog-human thing instantly, but the other 5 where are their tails, and Tomekk and Fubbles sped into the darkness, flashlight lighting a narrow path for them.

Tomekk, being used to working in the night, could naturally see better, and eyed left and right as they were running, and yelled "DON'T STOP, THERES MORE OF THEM COMING FROM THE BUILDINGS!"

"Shit!" Screamed Fubbles as they burrowed on into the darkness, until he tripped on the curb.

"Ow!"

"Fubb nooo!" Tomekk screamed, when suddenly gun fire burst of some neaar by bushes, and a dark figure helped Fubbles up, as a double-door opened, engulfing them in warm, orange light as our two adventurers were dragged into safety, the heavy metal doors shutting behind them.

The barking of the things outside peristed for few seconds, until the mutants got bored and left, knowing they lost there prey.

Fubbles and Tomekk composed themselves, and eyed there new surroundings.

"Are you guys idiots?" Said a burly man, tall and very well built with a thick black beard, "Walking around at night'll get your ass killed!"

----------
Party Gains;

Fubbles x1 pack of Advil 4/4 full

Tomekk x1 pack Ibuprofen 4/4 full

Party looses;

Tomekk x1 12.7mm Bullet

------

Current Loacation: Oak Valley Hospital; hosital has been converted into a veritable fortress, housed by about 50 people, including soldiers and civilians. They have a modified power generator generating electricity for 2 things; The lights, and the hospitals greenhouse, which they use to grow food (But they are almost out of gasoline for the generator). Other then that, they hunt dogs and other mutants for food, though supplies are beginning to dwindle, and if the generator dies they won't be able to grow food any more. The Leader is Alex Zurov, the black bearded man, and he explains to our wasteland n00bs that the hospital had been under siege by the mutants and can't afford to send men out and get supplies from the next closest human 'settlement' which is the junior high school at the south end of town, and that the hospital stands poised to fall.

Things that could be done here;

Offer to find fuel for Generator (+Good Fame in wasteland)
Offer to help against Mutants (+Good Fame in Wasteland)
Offer to get to the Junior High (+Good Fame in Wasteland)
Offer Spare Supplies (+ Good Fame in Wasteland, - all Ibuprofen and Advil)
Leave (No Fame Gain or Loss)

Now the Fame Gain im deciding is how people will know of you, e.g minor actions will make people say 'meh' but as your rep builds people will recognize you and like you, where as if you do bad stuff when its offered, people will be all "OMG GET THEM!"

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 29-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb