View Single Post
Old 20-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
Poker Crow
Abandonia nerd

Default A proper introduction

Hello everyone!
I've been a long time visitor of the site but I've been more of a lurker. Even though I registered back in 2006, the main reason reason for that was to be able to participate in the official contests - as a matter of fact I managed to get prizes on AB contest #4 and the recent Big Bag of Booty contest - but other than that I seldom visited this forum. Anyway, I've always loved this site and before the boom of specialized torrent trackers AB was my main source of retro games. It's still a joy to browse through the site and after these long years I wanted to give something back, so as soon as I learned about the comeback of translations I promptly signed up as Spanish translator, so here I am.

Now, a more proper introduction: I'm a 30 years old guy from Ecuador -South America- with a mind that likes to linger in the past (90's game and music addict). In real life I'm a biologist but also have some serious interest in music (guitar player ) and illustration. I've been a PC gamer since I was 12 with a biased interest in the adventure/rpg/strategy genres. As a matter of fact I owe all of my English language knowledge to the early Sierra adventures (I loved that old command prompt!). I probably wouldn't have learned anything playing mindless action games, hehe.

It's great to be part of this nice community - or should I say hopefully nice?... just kidding! :laugh:
Poker Crow is offline                         Send a private message to Poker Crow