Thread: Wrath of Earth
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #31
Firgof
Smile Funny you should mention that...

I am remaking the whole first level in Hammer right now. It won't have a lot of the data unfortunately as that'd require a bit more scripting/programming interaction with the VMTs and then recoding and/or adding portions of code to the display system so that I could switch between systems (i.e. Neotokyo's multiple display modes)... but I can at least do all the architecture on my own.

I'm even remaking the terminals and whatnot in Photoshop. This has become my 'little side project'. Not that I have a lot of time to myself these days, what with working on Star Ruler and IronCast. I have to say that I haven't seen such large levels in quite some time -- I kind of miss the days where levels popped up in no time at all. Hopefully Solid-state drives will help take care of that.

Anywho, if y'all don't mind me using y'all's game as a means to improve my LD by trying to 'tweak and improve' levels of Wrath of Earth that'd be awesome and I guess I can throw some interesting pics up somewhere.

On another note, I am surprised (happily!) to see developers of little-known-games around here. If only I could get in touch with the guys who worked on Star Ruler way back when -- I'd really enjoy talking to them about the production of that game.