View Single Post
Old 21-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #344
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've gone through the gammet of every emotion today. When i woke up, I was feeling energized and poweful. Was euphoric about that because I've had low energy this year. I rang people, did chores, ran around, sent out blessings to people around the globe. Then the energy disipated so I went back to bed and slept.
In the evening a neighbour called around to take me to a writing group. I'd forgotten it was on tonight and was just about to eat dinner. she looked upset that I'd forgotten and refused my invite to come inside and wait. Then I was frustrated and embarrassed and guilty. I arrived at the car loaded with stuff, so I asked if she could lean over and open the door. She looked more annoyed, gave a big sigh, undid her seat belt, leant over - but to no avail. She couldn't seem to open the door. So I felt irritated and said: Don't worry, I'll open it.
I whipped the door open and she was really agitated as apparently her hand was hurt in the process. I suggested that perhaps I go to the writing group another time as the vibes weren't all that good.
she replied that she'd waited long enough now, so I should just get in.

Now I was distressed that I'd upset her so much and was such a disaster area. She was so distracted that she forgot to stop and get petrol and missed the turnoff to the little town where the writing group was waiting.

By the time we arrived, she was out of petrol and smilie faces.

However, this was the first time I'd been to the writing group so everyone was very welcoming and kind. They raved about the piece I read, and said I fitted into the group perfectly and requested I join permanently. My self-esteem rose a couple of notches.

My companion had to borrow another car to get home as there's no where to buy petrol out here in the country. However we made up on the journey and all was well. Then I was feeling relief, affection and some hope.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree