View Single Post
Old 13-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I don't hate this game. It is the "5" on it which make my blood race.

Just like everytime I read Ascendancy review... And if you really knew me a little better, you'd know that I bash down every new game such as the ones you mentionned above at every opportunities.

The whole point, though, is that there is no redeeming points for the game to be brought from 4 to 5. 5, or 100%, should be reserved to the real gems out there. But lets face it: no game is perfect. The real gems, however, have that some kind of little extra to get them back up a notch in relation to other games. Most of the time, that extra notch is their originality for creating or leading a new genre or adding something really great to the gaming industry. Then we can consider that the small flaws are worth it because of the added value.

Sometimes I wish that we could add decimals to the ranking system. It would save so much confusion. For example, if you look at my AR ADOM review in comparison to my AB ADOM review, on AR it is 3.7 and on AB it is only 3. The number on AR is the real number I always wanted to have in my review...