Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
I'm getting too old I guess, only a few that *maybe* could interest me,
As are:
Wing Commander Saga
Cryostasis
Aliens: Colonial Marines
These are the ones that cought my attention as well. 2 are based on freeware. well actually one is freeware.

Quote:
What I really miss are some good flightsims that aren't arcadish or consolish.
Well it's actually already out. I think at the very beginning of this year. The freeware flightsim with almost the whole world maped and over 200 planes i believe (i could be wrong on this one). anyway: www.flightgear.org

I still have the previous (1.0) version and only a couple of planes, but man is it good. Ok not all the airports are done yet. but I downloaded my area. and i am still learning by visual flying. So far i flew to Venice, some small croatian islands and Austria. Mostly i can find the airport by knowing area. and i can even land. a bit rough but still...:thumbs:

Anyway the new version has flight plans and many other cool stuff.

On the FPS topic is Boiling point any good?

Oh and EoF Total war series seems promising and i also Anno. but you are right mostly they are not really interesting. i mean strategy should be played with the propper map like view not through the eyes of the private etc. (like world at war and the like)
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor