Old 04-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
try this

it has mass delay or other sync functinos
Thanks, but it's no good. You see, the timings are all correct, THAT is the CORRECT part in the subtitle file, whats wrong are the texts, or more precisely the order of the texts.

um...lets put it like this: take two pieces of paper, put them beside each other so they touch. Now draw horizontal lines across the two papers, starting at the left side of the left paper and ending on the right side of the right paper, repeat this all the way to the bottom. Now write some time intervals (ex. "1:12pm to 2:32pm") on the lines on the left paper and write some text on the lines on the right paper. Now, slide the right paper down by one line, so the second timecode in the left paper comes in line with the first text on the right. THAT is my problem.

See, the timings and the intervals are all correct, but they have the wrong text to display, a one line lag. Now, all the subtitling programs I encountered have delay and sync features, but that's not what I need, because one line of subtitle and it's timecode are treated as one unit. Each line has it's timecode, and they are one unit of subtitle as far as the program is concerned. I can adjust the timing of ALL the wrong lines at once so the first one start to display at the intended time, but that, because the lines and their respective timecodes are being treated as a unit, won't do anything good, because the INTERVALS are still wrong.

You have that two papers still on the desk, align them again, first timecode to first line of text. Get another piece of paper, and put it beside the right one on the desk so they touch. Now you have 3 pieces of paper beside each other. Extend the lines to this new paper, and draw some pictures on the lines. This is the movie. Now slide the central paper (with the texts on it) down one line. Now you can see my problem. The timing is okay, but the wrong text is displayed. What the delay and sync feature in the programs does, is adjusting the text together with it's display interval. Now for the sync and time adjust: touch the left and the center paper, and slide them, TOGETHER, up or down, along the 'movie' paper. THAT'S what that feature does, but as you can see, it does not help my case, you see, because the start and end times of the subtitles are NOT IMPORTANT, just the INTERVAL, in which they are displayed.

Um...like this: you have your first line display two words for 0,5 sec, and the second line display two sentences for 5 sec. But it shifts one interval, so now it displays your two words for 5 sec, and your two sentences for God knows how long. Am I making any sense here?

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh