Thread: Top 5 Games
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
Headswirler

This is going to be tough, but I'll give it a try.

1. Fallout 1 & 2

Both are excellent CRPGs with perfect pre-rendered graphics. I love the way how you could play the game with millions of different characters and still complete the game. When you pump the difficulty setups to the max, you can really see that the post-apocalyptic wasteland IS a dangerous place to be.

2. UFO - Enemy Unknown & X-Com 2 - Terror from the Deep

These both games are great examples of how you can combine strategic management and squad-based tactical gameplay into a nice package. The atmosphere in these games is just stunning. The music brings a lot to these games.

3. Tie Fighter

Ok, I admit it, I'm a Star Wars fan. This has to be one of the best games I have ever played. The gameplay is astonishing! Everything works just like it should. I never liked the Rebellion anyway, so flying a Twin Ion Engine Fighter and shooting down X-wings is the thing for me. :amused:

4. Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 / The Secret of Monkey Island series

One word. Hilarious. I've been laughing my ass off, thanks to Simon, Guybrush and the rest.

5. Thief: The Dark Project, Thief 2: The Metal Age & Thief - The Deadly Shadows

The best of all first person sneakers. I have completed every game like a hundred times with different approaches. Garrett is probably one of the coolest guys in the gaming world.

Of course, there are other excellent games as well, but these are the ones that have really made my day.
Headswirler is offline                         Send a private message to Headswirler