View Single Post
Old 18-09-2007, 11:48 PM   #7
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Sep 19 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]311673[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, in the case of celebrities' deaths, I wouldn't talk about grief at all. Giving our condolences in public is a kind of habit, and at the end I feel like it becomes a showing of courtesy rather than a true showing of feelings.

My personal opinion is that if you aren't sincere it is better to shut up. I don't like being politically correct, so I don't think anybody should feel obliged to say a few words in the memory of someone he knew from the media, even recognized to be an important person, but didn't pay a role on his life.

So, grief? It isn't a matter of grief in most cases. A tribute, I would understand and even join. But grief? There are very few people that, in my opinion, could feel a real grief about the death of a famous person (Reamus, for example, could be one of those in the case of Pavarotti).[/b]
Playing with words. People having feelings is a natural thing. Some people feeling sad, because somebody died they liked could be understood. Feeling sad (to the point of crying even) because somebody dies, and tell, that you feel sorry because that somebody died you liked, is natural. Death is the one single thing that connects us all. If somebody dies, you lose that person. You won't hear that person talk, sing, laugh, tell stories, see him walk, sleep, drive a racecar or sing an opera...simply put, that somebody won't entertain you anymore. This doesn't go just for celebrities.

They say, that there are only two reasons people remember somebody: because he/she solved problems, or created them. I simplify this a little. We remember those people who amuse us. Be it positive or negative term. You will remember Luciano Pavarotti because you are amazed at how he can sing, and you remember Hitler because he is freaking you out killing all those people. (@ everybody) Do something for me, think back to your childhood. Now remember your friends. Which one of your old friends can you remember most accuratly? Face, voice, personality...etc. Bingo, the ones that amused you the most. You won't remember that grey nobody sitting at the back of the classroom, but you will remember the "class clown". And you will remember the bully that took your lunch money every Thursday...

My point is, that who you remember, you get, to a certain point, emotionally attached. Some more than others. If that somebody dies for some reason, you will miss that person, because he/she won't do "the thing" that made you remember that ceartain person anymore, so you won't get amused (in the bully case, for all the wrong reasons, but still).

You're with me here?

Quote:
Condolences are just an hypocrisy.[/b]
People saying condolences are hypocrisy, ARE the hypocrites.

Quote:
Why should we cry for the death of a person who probably achieved his dreams? He was probably happy enough about that when his time came. [/b]
We shouldn't be sad if somebody (in a way or another) close to us dies, because...why exactly? I don't see your point. You think those people who are happy about their life are not as important as people who are downright miserable? Maybe I'm a jerk, but I don't see how THAT makes sense. When somebody dies (religious stuff aside) is sad, no matter who the person at hand is. You think a homeless, poor, ill and miserable guy deserves more respect in his death than a world famous opera singer, just because he wasn't as happy with his life? You think death is easier or better when you are on good terms with yourself? Death is just what it is, the end of a life. From our point of view (the living) it's sad, it's always is. Someday you will die dude. Duh! You say that people shouldn't respect you in death if you'll have a good life? I don't think so...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh