View Single Post
Old 18-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #76
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Romano @ Sep 18 2007, 08:16 AM) [snapback]311521[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, they were the same once. That is the reason we have a few redirections from AB to AR. Abandonia faced a dilemma to continue to host both abandonware and freeware like HOTU, or to make separate site for freeware. The decision is known.
[/b]
I wouldn't call it the same. It was a dilemma that some superb games - which you don't want to miss - were freeware, others were thought they weren't but were. So the idea arose to make a site for this games, and other quality freeware - including the newest of the newest. If some members of Abandonia would think: "Hm, there are some game reviews for now protected games on Abandonia. Let's make a site on a Luchsurian server where we can't be reached by copyright laws and their minions, and offer them for download, along with a 1000 more ones having no review at Abandonia.", and the site would look similar, you wouldn't say: "Well they were the same once." That's how my information is (and how I hyperbolise it) and how I see it, but I can understand what you're saying. I would say that the idea emerged from here - there were too few freeware games on site as that I could say AB and AR are one and the same split project.

Rawly translated from German translations discussion:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Luchsen @ Jun 12 2005, 02:45 PM) [snapback]119152[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
P.S. Does anyone know what's with the not to translate freeware games? Till now they aren't deleted. Would be stupid anyway since you could place an "Abandonia Reloaded" button instead of the "get it" one - some advertising for the new site and no loss of translations.
[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Strobe @ Jun 12 2005, 08:08 PM) [snapback]119286[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I would say that we should continue to keep our hands off the freeware games.
I like your suggestion with the "Abandonia Reloaded" button. Just send Kosta a PM...
[/b]