Thread: Vista Issues
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #7
Cold
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ReamusLQ @ Aug 5 2007, 09:37 PM) [snapback]302976[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I know vista sucks but the new computer we just bought came with Vista and I'm trying to get some of my old games to work multiplayer (Duke Nukem 3D to be specific). I can get the game to run in DosBOX, but I don't know how to carry it from DosBOX to working with IC (our multiplayer thing we use).

It worked fine on XP before with out DosBOX, but now whenever we try to get it started on Vista all we get is an error that says "This program does not support full screen mode." We've tried tinkering with the compatibility and stuff but that hasn't worked. If we could get it with out DosBOX that would be wonderful.

Any help please?
[/b]

Trying to make Puredos game on Windows is difficut, trying to make it run on Vista is harder than hardest.

I suggest to make a Dos disk and run from floppy (change settings on Bios to make pc check A and then C), it is the right move also because many games needed a large amount of Conventional memory so you can handle the config.sys and autoexec.bat, deleting some eatingmemory programs.
Cold is offline                         Send a private message to Cold