View Single Post
Old 26-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #7
einherjar

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Nov 26 2004, 12:28 AM
The rating of a game is decided by the reviewer himself, based on his knowledge and experience with the game. I decided to give it 3 because of the steep learning curve, which mean that I originally intended to rate it to 4. 5 on 5 is really for incredible classics (even tough a lot of games lately been added with a rating of 5 and did not deserve it) and I would not give ADOM a 5 on 5 even tough I like it very much. Nothing stop you from voting on the user rating tough, but right now out of 9 votes it's still a rating of 3.

Yes, there is a story in ADOM and you can't roam the realm forever... But I left those details purposely hidden in my review. First reason was that, if you do manage to live for that long when you begin the game, the reason why you need to get involved in the quest will become quite obvious as you complete the first minor quests and you learn about the story of ADOM. The second is that I wanted to write a review which would get the reader to want to try the game even tough it was only text based, which a lot of people would frown upon at first glance.

For the links, I am sorry to see that they are not up on the download page. Thanks for posting those here. I originaly uploaded a .txt named "related links" along with the game and there was two interesting links inside, perhaps Kosta could dig it and put them there. k:

www.andywlms.com/adom was one of those two and I recommend it very much.

So folks how about my first review ever?
What I meant was if between Merchant Prince and ADOM, one was to get a three and the other a five, then ADOM should have got the five. I gave ADOM a four.

I thought of something last night. I hope the mini-FAQ in the game was read before making ADOM available on abandonia.com. ADOM is postcardware, and there is a section on the ADOM terms of use...