View Single Post
Old 13-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #8
Scatty
Treasure hunter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skatoony @ May 13 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]290124[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Just by that post you're making it sound as if you're attacking me. Yes I had the ROM files, yes I chose MT-32, and I have an Audigy 2 ZS which is better than the Live! yet the emulator still sounds terrible. I don't know what recordings you are listening to, but I know it's nothing like a real MT-32. Another point is - it doesn't support CM-32L/LAPC-I games.[/b]
I'm sorry if my post was looking as if I would be attacking you. That was not my intention.
Actually, I already suspected that you're using Soundblaster Audigy. Believe it or not, Soundblaster Live! is much better with the emulation than the Audigy series, maybe simply because of the fact that Live! offers better compatibility of the old Soundblaster standard and is also generally more compatible to old Dos soundcard options in some ways than Audigy.
About the support for CM-32 or LAPC-I, most games that offer that option also offer the option for MT-32. Those that don't probably wouldn't work better with the original MT-32 hardware either, since MT-32 sounds a little different than other MIDI cards of that time, and even Roland Sound Canvas from the same company and it's relevant siblings don't really help there. That's where the Soundblaster option enters the scene then.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty