View Single Post
Old 23-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #26
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I don't know if I really want to broadcast this, but I haven't celebrated my own birthday for I don't know, 20 years perhaps? Sure it kinda sucks but then again there are days every now and then that are better than any birthday and always for silly but unexpected reasons. I guess the latter is what makes those days so great, and the sillyness of it makes it really easy to enjoy without having to spend a single thought on why it is so great. I'll just accept the day for what it is and enjoy it.

Being "strapped down in solitude" by whatever sort of illness can be brutal for sure but I mean, Stephen Hawking wasn't supposed to live past his 20th, but then he decided he was the judge of that, and so he kept going despite everyone saying it couldn't be done. He simply wouldn't accept being "strapped down" and that decision did the trick. I know for a fact that these kinds of "decisions" won't come to mind all that easy, but I also know for a fact that the unexpected can help us make those decisions.

Ok, I think I've said enough now, but do yourself a favour: Be sure we will have a toast here, so drop in on the 27th and who knows what may come out of it