View Single Post
Old 22-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #652
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 21 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]267960[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Indeed, I can confirm that Apocalypse has a tendency to freeze in VDMSound.
I suspect that this is related to the fact that VDMSound's enviroment simulation is not as extensive as that of DosBox.
[/b]
I wrote a pretty damn good way around getting errors on page 38 of this forum, try that and see if it helps... You may also have to set the amount of Ram Vdmsound uses to a bit higher if it's still running slow.

Tip- Get to allied status with Pyske, stun raid them - most of the time you get 7 Pyclones (31.5k per mission) and afew extras like mini rocket launchers ect... well worth it. Raiding Marsec some times gets you PSI blockers (only 1 or 2 if you are lucky) they sell for 4.5k a pop - Has anyone found a use for em, they dont seem to have a use all the times I've tried em?

Tip2- If you dont want organisations to get angry with you every time you fight a battle with the UFO's, set all your vehicles to LOW altitude, henceforth your shots shoot upward and will rarely hit a building and the ufo's missed shots will hit buildings causing the organisations to be unfriendly towards the alien scum and in some cases automatically makes the organisations more simpathetic to your cause.
Roadkill is offline                         Send a private message to Roadkill