View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #23
JJXB
Pi-voh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reup @ Oct 31 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]264619[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Err... isn't SP2 out for almost two years now? Why would you NOT patch leaks in an OS for two years? Are you also people who don't run Virus-Scanners 'cause they get a FPS less in games? :wallbash:
Sorry, but you get your car regularly tested, right? Maintain your OS, ffs. Even Linux-users patch their Kernels and not without reason... New technologies, new threats and new fixes come out all the time... I installed SP2 the day it came out!
[/b]
can you blame people for not wanting to upgrade straight away if they hear about god-knows how many bugs/incompatibilities initially? you wouldn't want to install an update and find it screws up your computer. once the bugs are fixed then fair enough but i don't see how you can say upgrade straight away when you don't know possible side effects. i took the same attitude with firefox 2 - a board i go to posted it a day early but i didn't upgrade until i confirmed it wouldn't cause problems. i'd say wait until you upgrade any software and see what feedback other users give then poss. upgrade.

and in reference to the FPS > Virus scanner comment, have you tried running a power hungry anti-virus as well as a power-hungry game? it lags the computer like mad. i use a good a/v now but in the past, i found some a/v software were resource hogs so don't just assume those people are stupid as a resource heavy a/v at the same time as a game can make it unplayable. i don't object to the concept of protection but at the cost of usasbility?? would you rather be able to use your apps or be safe but you can't use the apps that you intended to use as a result? i know which one i'd go for and it's usabilty than protection.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB